Those of you who know me may be a little surprised at this blog post – after all, I’m not American but a Brit!
However, I think it’s important to take the time to be grateful for the awesome things in your life, and although I probably shouldn’t need a day literally entitled ‘Thanksgiving’ to do so, it’s remarkable how it focuses the mind.
So without further ado, here is my list of things that I am thankful for right now:
- my wonderful family – husband, parents, brother, and incredibly large extended family. What would I do without you all?
- my marvellous readers – without you, my books are just words on a page! You bring them to life when you read them.
- my computer – still up and running, helping me to craft my historical romances with very few crashes!
- my day job – not only does it pay the bills, but I can do so while enjoying it and surrounded by fab people.
- the internet – it may be sad in places, but the research ability it gives me from my armchair is just incredible!
- cheese and chocolate – my writing reward foods that help me push through difficult chapters when I’m feeling uninspired.
- my editor, formatter, and cover designers – I don’t know where I’d be without them!
- Netflix – the ultimate reward after a long day of keyboard bashing.
Do we have some of the same things on our list? Let me know yours in the comments below!