I have read and loved historical romances for…well, almost my entire life! So many of my readers share with me what they are looking for in a historical romance, and I wanted to share some of my favourites.
- Titles! Readers love titles – Earls, Dukes, and Princes all round, please!
- Friends to lovers. There’s nothing like a good friends to love story – I’ve even written a few myself.
- Enemies to lovers. This is probably my favourite type of historical romance, especially if it’s warring clans or families!
- A misunderstanding. If there isn’t a misunderstanding, is it even a historical romance?!
- Letters, particularly letters from mothers to daughters – so cute!
- Obviously, a period of history that is just wonderful. My favourites are medieval and Regency.
- Gifts. I love gifts in historical romance, and when it’s jewellery, it’s even cuter.
- And last but by no means least…epilogues! I love seeing what happens to the characters after they have found true love.
Have I missed something that you love from historical romances? Tell me in the comments!