What makes a perfect kiss?
This is one of the questions that, as a romance author, I spend a huge amount of time thinking about. It’s important to me that my readers experience wonderful romance, soaring emotions – but also romance that feels real, like it could actually have happened.
That’s a bit of a challenge with historical romance, especially when gentlemen and ladies had so little opportunity to spend any time together before actually being wed.
I work hard to make each and every kiss in my books absolutely perfect.
So what is a perfect kiss? I asked some of my friends and here are their responses:
- The perfect kiss is unexpected! You don’t know it’s coming and then it is SO sweet when it does!
- The perfect kiss is one you’ve been waiting for, one that you’re desperate for and one you think you’re never going to get.
- The perfect kiss is with the perfect person.
- The perfect kiss is not too soggy!
- The perfect kiss is your last first kiss.
I agree with absolutely all of this, and one thing extra: the perfect kiss is one that promises so much and only delivers 80% – it always leaves you wanting more!